I'm normally not a big fan of the whole New Year's Resolution thing because really, who wants to set a goal that they know they won't accomplish:) However, this year Cody and I made a goal to join a gym and actually go. I think one of the things that helped us is that we paid for the whole year plus a whole year of child care all in one shot. After paying that chunk of change we had better make it worth it and not fizzle out. We joined the Apple Athletic Club and we absolutely love it. We've gone faithfully for a couple of weeks and I can't believe how much better I feel already. Haven't dropped any noteable amount of weight, but just being active feels so good! They have a little place called the Treehouse Club that Tylee and Rylin play at while we work out and they really like going there and playing with other kids. It's been great for Cody and I to actually go together to do something and lets face it, I wouldn't know what the heck I was doing if he wasn't there to show me how to use the equipment! Another selling point of this whole thing is that during the day, if I have had it with the kids and just want to get away, instead of going shopping and spending money, I can go and work off some of my frustrations while the kids get to play. It's a win-win!
Goal 2 - Stop buying crap I don't need! When I moved this last time, I realized how much "stuff" I've stocked up in such a short amount of time. As I'm going down the aisle at Target or wherever, I find myself thinking, "oh isn't that cute....Well that's a new scent of lotion that I don't have for the kids.....Really, who can have too many pairs of silver hoop earrings.......Tylee only has 45 pairs of pajamas, she really could use one more pair....." and so on. I have got to STOP! I've really made a conscience effort to only buy what is on my list when I go shopping and I have tried to limit my shopping excursions to a 'need to go basis.' I have had a rough start, but I'm working on it!
Goal 3 - Slow down. Life is too short not to take advantage of all the opportunites that you have to spend with the people you love. Have more parties - invite friends over for lunch just because - make myself stop cleaning the house when Cody gets home from work and just sit and talk - read more to my kids - visit relatives more - don't sweat the small stuff!
5 comments:
sharie, I for one have to say I am very proud of your goals, especially the 3rd one, I need to do the same. lacee
Good for you Sharie! I could use some improvement in each of those areas you mentioned plus a number of others. I love Rylin's little hat! So cute.
Sounds like some pretty good goals. Good luck and hang in there! (Tylee really doesn't need another pair of shoes!!!)
Love ya, Mom
Sharie,
Smart girl! Frank and I really tossed around the idea of joining Apple as well but went and bought an eliptical and we both are actually using it twice a day! I will never be thin but it does help, and Jana said it will take 10 years off of the way we look! Speaking of Jana, we keep calling her and asking dumb questions like, how many calories do you have to burn to lose a pound? She has been very encouraging to us and answers all of our questions. Bryan and Ali bought a bench thingy but liked our eliptical so well that they went and got that too! We are all going on a cruise in April so need to get in shape.
Your cover looks terrific! You are going to take after Grandma Park! She loved making little things like that.
Whenever you get the urge to buy something come on over and look at my storage room and have Frank lecture you! It's a good goal for all of us.
Love all your goals! You are so funny, just reading your posts make me smile. :)
Post a Comment