
Let's start from the beginning.....
About 8 months ago, Tylee got a pair of scissors and decided to give her hair a little "trim". We gave her the "no scissors" talk and prayed that was the last of it. A couple months later, my sister called me and said that she had some bad news; never a good thing to hear when she's watching your kids! Anyway, Tylee and her cousin McKinley had crawled up into the cupboard in the office and gotten hold of the scissors. (The girls said the scissors "fell out"....suuuure!) Tylee whacked off her bangs almost to the scalp and McKinley ended up with a mini mullet, I'm assuming it was also compliments of Tylee. Hard as I tried to be mad, I just had to laugh it off because seriously, what's done is done and there really is no way to change it. We went over the cutting hair thing with Ty again and I truly thought she would never do it again because Cody told her that he would shave her head if she ever cut her hair again. I'm sure you can see where this is going.....
Monday night we had a BBQ at Cody's parent's house for his dad's birthday. All the adults were cleaning up from the festivities when Tylee asked if she and her cousin Hannah could go play in our camper that was out back. I thought for a second and after assuming that there wasn't anything in there that could hurt them, I said sure. About 10-15 mins later, I realized that I hadn't heard anything from the girls - which all moms know is a sign of trouble - so I headed out to check on them. Sure enough, as I walked in, I saw scissors sitting on the counter. I looked down at the floor and saw chunks of dark brown hair that was about 4-5 inches long....oh shiz! They obviously found scissors somewhere and Tylee must have been jealous of Hannah's beautiful long locks because she whacked a big chunk right off the front right side. Then, she turned the weapon on herself and cut all the hair off that had fallen out of her pony tail to about half an inch! What the crap is she thinking!!! Hannah calmly looked at me and said, "I think I should tell my mom." Lucky for me, my sister in law Nancy is super sweet and didn't freak out like I did. She probably tried to comfort me more than her sweet little Hannah who had just been violated.
The hours following this event were some of the worst of Tylee's short life. I have never been so mad at her! Doing it once is one thing, but again and again?? Give me a break!
I hope I can look back at this some day and laugh, but that time has yet to come.
4 comments:
Hang in there Mommy! Hopefully she will get over this but just in case she doesn't.....hide the sissors at all times and love her anyway. As we know hair does grow back!
Love ya, Mom
Maybe she's destined for greatness with scissors! It's her passion! Luckily, my girls' hair is already whacked off, so even if they did get ahold of the scissors, they couldn't do much more damage! I am going through a similar battle, only mine is a battle against lotion! Good luck in the fight!
hahaha! I'm sorry. I can't help laughing! :) I love you!!
Ohhhh man! Brin is yet to do that... but I'm just waitin'. I did the same thing to myself, and i have the UGLIEST bob haircut for my Kindergarten pics. What can ya do?? :)
Post a Comment