Thursday, June 12, 2008
Carb Overload!
I'm in need of some advice! Rylin has been a horrible eater since the time she started eating rice cereal! Tylee would, and still will, eat anything, but I can't get Rylin to eat anything other than carbs and the occasional banana. Every night at dinner it ends up being a tear fest because we refuse to just let her eat bread and skip the meat and veggies - she screams and carries on and will NOT give in! I don't know how she can tell what the food is like without even tasting it, but the second I put something in front of her that she doesn't think she will like, she throws it across the room and won't even try it. If you've seen my little RyRy, she doesn't look like she's missed many meals and I'm worried about breaking this eating habit with her before it becomes a real problem. I keep trying new things, but I've totally run out of ideas - Help! Has anyone tried those Pedialite (sp?) drinks before? Or would that defeat the purpose of getting her to eat healthy food?? AHHH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The way I see it is that kids will grow out of most things - not that you shouldn't still try to get her to eat other things, but just don't worry about it too much. I would probably look into the pedialyte type drinks. Also Juicy Juice has a juice that is a mix of fruits & veggies (100% too.) I give Ava a vitamin everyday just in case we fall short in a food group - Rylin may be too little for that now though. You are a good mama - so I would say don't stress out too much!
Carbs? Is there a problem with too many? :) j/k I have no advice in this area. Speaking of multivitamins, there's these gummy bear ones that I've been dying to try. I bet Rylin would like those too. (If they are age appropriate of course.) Em's advice sounds good. I think if it is a habit, like Em said, she'll grow up and be a string bean just like her mom. :)
You should also try checking with her pedi and see if it has anything to do with her blood sugar levels. Usually people with abnormal blood sugar levels crave carbs. (I am one of those!) I'm with Nan on the gummy vites I give them to Alaska and she loves them!
Post a Comment