Friday, January 18, 2008

Little Bruiser






Last weekend Cody and I were bored so we loaded up the kids in their PJs and went to WallyWorld. Tylee was sitting in the cart and Rylin was in her car seat and we were just kind of looking around. Out of nowhere, Cody and I heard the most horrifying sound that a parent can hear. It seriously sounded like someone threw an egg at a concrete wall. Tylee had dove out of the cart directly on her head. She wasn't asking to get out or reaching for anything and we don't know why she did it, but she smacked right on her head on the concrete floor. We didn't move her for a minute because we thought she may have broken her neck because of the way she hit, but then decided that she was okay to move so we pretty much ran her out to the car. With head injuries, you never really know so we just gave her some Motrin in the car and were trying to decide what to do. We decided to just take her home, but then she started throwing up - a sign of a concussion. We took her to the ER and had to have a CT scan on her little head. I've never felt so sick in my life, full of worry and knowing that there was nothing I could do to make her feel better. She was definately not acting normal, she didn't want candy or pop or ice cream or any sugary treat we offered her. Anyway, the scan showed no fracture to her scull and she actually started cheering up and acting pretty normal before she was even released from the ER. The doctor was a friend of Cody's so that really made me feel better and confident that all precautions were taken to make sure that she was alright. The next morning she was back to her cute little self. The first thing she said was, "Hey...my eye looks weeerd." (wierd)
I still don't like taking her in public because I get these stares from people like I beat my kid or something. She is still bruised, but overall doing really really well. She's a tough little kid.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

wow sharie.. i can not even imagine what you were going through.. that would be so scary as a mom to go through.. i am glad she is doing well!

Tiff and Dave said...

HOLY COW....How scary!!! I would have definitely been freaking out!! That will definitely make me more aware when Brynlee is in the cart! I'm sooo glad she is okay! Sounds like she was lucky. Poor little kiddo!

Emily said...

That is the scariest thing ever! I am glad Cody was there through it all & it didn't happen when you were all alone or something! We are definitely glad it was nothing serious.

Jeff and Sandy said...

Our sweet little Tylee. What can I say. Ouch!!! Grandma needs to give her a great big hug and kiss even though it's way after it happened. She is a tough one!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Oh my word! How scary!! That is definitely an amazing battle wound that she'll keep pictures of for proof. I'm sorry you had to go through that! Glad everything turned out ok and hopefully has healed by now.