Sunday, November 4, 2007

Change of plans - again...

5 years and 2 kids later, I'm ready to finally have some stability and move into a house. Yes, a house made just for me with all the finishing touches that I want and deserve. A house that has taken so much time away from my family and been the thought on my mind that keeps me awake at night. Well..........another unexpected turn of events. My realtor calls yesterday and asks if we can have the house ready to close in 3 weeks. Yes, my house. The house built for my little family. The house that I was already planning the precise location of all my Christmas decorations. The house that already has a Christmas party planned at it.
We contemplated taking the house off the market when the spec house sold, but thought that we would leave it up for sale until the day we move in - which should have been Thanksgiving. We thought that if we left the price where it was at that we probably wouldn't have much interest. Wrong! A full price offer. I seriously thought of turning it down and not even telling Cody that we had an offer, but my conscience took over and knew that however bad I didn't want to sell it, that we would be crazy not to. After a lot of thought, we decided to do it. Yes my friends, I am in the exact same situation as the last set of houses. Only this time I have 2 kids and am running out of patients.
I have already started packing though, so by hell I'm moving. I think we may just find a bigger rental for now and build the same house all over again. There are a few good things that have come of this though. I get to tweak a few thing on the house plans for the next one, we will probably build on the east side of town next time - closer to friends and fam, and I have longer to accumulate more decor. I don't know if those things make it worth it, but I'll just tell myself that:)

2 comments:

Gavin and Natalie said...

Oh no!! that's one of those bitter sweet things. I'm sorry Sher! You seem to be quite the pro at packing and moving though. How long do you have before you have to be moved out? Let me know if there's any way I can help.
Love ya! Nan
Congrats on making a house plan that sold at your asking price! That's props to you!

Sharie said...

Hey Nan - I didn't have to move out, I just didn't get to move in! Again!