Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas 2007





Christmas was a lot of fun this year especially for Tylee. She was really excited about Santa Claus coming to her house and couldn't stop talking about it. We set out cookies and milk for Santa this year and Tylee was so excited to see that they were all gone in the morning.
The girls were spoiled by their grandparents as expected and got more presents than they know what to do with.
In years past, I've gotten as excited as a little kid about what I'm going to get. I think this is the first year that I honestly didn't want or need anything and was completely content watching my kids open their presents. As selfish and childish as is sounds, I think I finally understand what people have always been saying about how it is more fun to give than to receive. I love watching my kids' faces as they open a gift and to see their eyes light up. Priceless!

1 comment:

Jeff and Sandy said...

So well put Sharie. Christmas truly is about the giving especially when it's given from the heart.
Love ya, Mom